Monday, April 10, 2006

First Class Thinking

Departure very early tomorrow morning for Washington. Again. I think it's my third time this year.

I'm there the next few days for one of the two meetings every year of the Board of Trustees of the RAND Corporation.

It is the world's first, finest and probably foremost think-thank. It's first class thinking.

For some years I have been proud to be the first and only non-American on its Board of Trustees. But now I'm even more proud that RAND is continuing its evolution from being not only an American but also a global resource by moving towards appointing a second non-American trustee.

From India. That's the new world.

So it will be two intense days discussing the different activities of RAND as well as reviewing some of the most interesting of the research products RAND has produced during the past six months.

And then it onwards to other activities in the Washington area.

More about that later.